Paleo Pumpkin Muffins (makes 24 small muffins)
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (or cook and puree pumpkin yourself)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup applesauce (added by Loretta)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw honey (optional)
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 1 Tbs sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Coat 6 muffin tins with coconut oil (or use paper muffin cups and add 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil to batter).
- Mix all ingredients and pour evenly into tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes on the middle rack.
- Sprinkle almonds on top immediately after taking them out of the oven.
Seared Beef with Mushrooms and Onions
- 1 London Broil ( trim the fat and cut into thin slices)
- ½- 1 tsp of Trader Joes 21 Seasoning salute
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice seasoning
- ¼ – ½ cup beef broth (low sodium), 2 tsp of beef broth
- 1 package sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 green onions chopped (scallions)
- 2 tsp of Worchester sauce( Not Paleo) or Coconut Amines (Paleo)
- 1- 3 tsp of coconut oil
- Slice beef into thin strips, place in a bowl
- Add seasonings, beef broth( , Worchester or Coconut Amines& green onions and mix well
- Cover and marinate until ready to sear
While meat is marinating
- Chopped sweet onion and sauté in 2 tsp of EVOO until slightly brown
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender
- Add 1-2 tsps of remaining beef broth to onion and mushroom mixture
- Add remaining Worchester sauce/Coconut Amines to onion and mushroom mixture, once cooked set aside until ready to sear beef
Place a little of beef mixture in pan and heat on high, when pan is hot add sliced beef , sear meat, then add onion and mushroom mixture to heat up
Place on a bed of spinach (optional) or on a plate
For extra spice…add sliced jalapenos during searing the meat